Monday, July 6, 2009

Oven Fried Chicken


Oven-Fried Chicken

1/4 butter or stick margarine
1/2 cull all-purpose flour
1 tsp. paprika (sometimes I don't even do this)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 to 3 1/2 pound cut-up chicken


1. Heat oven to 425. Melt butter in rectangular pan, 13x9x2, in oven.

2. Mix flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture.
Place chicken, skin side down, in pan.

3. Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Turn chicken; bake about 30 minutes longer
or until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.

(I use the left over flour mixture for gravy. I mix it with milk and then take any left over "stuff"
from the bottom of the chicken pan and mix it with the milk mixture. Heat until it boils and thickens. (Makes a really great gravy!)

Sorry no picture grrr lol :)


You are welcome to add your recipe link below.

6 comments:

  1. That's a great way to make chicken. thanks

    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/monday-crazy-questions-and-recipe-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fried chicken! I may make that tomorrow night for supper. Thanks for sharing and for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds pretty easy and very tasty. I think all my kids would enjoy it too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking for a good oven Fried Chicken recipe a while back, I am anxious to try this one! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. Went through your other blogs also.

    http://foto-tricks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete